Bioptx™ Healthcare Sensing PlatformProviding key insights for professional healthcare services
A Holistic Approach to Wearable Health Monitoring
Biosensing for Professional Healthcare
Leveraging the unique biosensing capabilities that Rockley’s photonics-based technology enables, the Bioptx product line will address the specific needs of the professional healthcare market — including hospitals, research clinics, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, and other healthcare providers.
The Bioptx line will enable the delivery of real-time insights about a variety of health conditions, allowing healthcare providers and clinics to expand their services, from managing personal well-being and monitoring performance to potentially even the early detection of multiple disease states.*
The insights provided by Bioptx sensing products could be used to improve a variety of healthcare treatments and support a growing number of use cases, including remote patient monitoring, medical therapies, management of chronic conditions, and drug development.
Sample Use Case for Continuous Monitoring
By enabling continuous, real-time, non-invasive monitoring of a wide range of biomarkers, the Bioptx product line has the potential to transform the way that healthcare providers offer care to their patients.
Here is an example of some key insights that Bioptx products could provide at different stages of patient care.
- Non-invasive, continuous monitoring
- Ability to track baselines & trends
- Potential “early warnings” (e.g., changes in baseline)
- Peace-of-mind connection to healthcare provider
- More effective triage and monitoring capabilities
- Expanded paramedic capacity to prioritize administration of care
- Integration with hospital system to enable advance triage and preparation for ER staff
In Surgery / ICU
- Baseline patient monitoring with minimal staff time/intervention
- Proactive disease management
- Multiple patient monitoring capabilities displayed at a central nursing station
- Continuous monitoring of key indicators of recovery
- Possible earlier warning of complications (vs. standard methods)
- Quicker patient discharge (based on holistic biomarker view)
Detection and Measurement of Multiple Biomarkers
The Bioptx sensing wristband will provide an all-in-one solution for measuring a variety of key biomarkers — non-invasively — with the potential to provide real-time insights into personal health and well-being.
Featuring Rockley’s unique photonics-based lasers, Bioptx Baseline products will provide a continuous look into a person’s general wellness.
Incorporating a more advanced suite of sensors, the Bioptx Pro line will enable the measurement of several additional biomarkers, often helpful for monitoring more complex health conditions.
The biomarker sensing capabilities are in various stages of development. Contact us to learn more about module features and availability.
Built on Rockley’s End-to-End Sensing Platform
The Bioptx product line will include a range of hardware and software solutions that enable continuous, non-invasive, and real-time monitoring of multiple biomarkers, from a wearable biosensing wristband to cloud analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
The Bioptx line will also feature additional cloud-based subscription services that enhance the capabilities of the biosensing platform, potentially enabling a new class of healthcare applications.
An Integrated Solution for Professional Healthcare
Cloud Analytics & AI
Using data collected across the entire sensing platform, Rockley’s cloud-based analytics and AI capabilities have the potential to provide unique insights into a person’s health and well-being.
In addition to developing our own applications, Rockley is working with multiple partners across a range of medical industry sectors, including research institutes, medtech companies, and healthcare providers.
* The insights provided are not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition or be used for any other medical purpose. They are intended to help people manage their well-being and keep track of their personal information.